Banished words / phrases
Words and phrases that must be stricken from the English language
- Task (used as a verb)
- Premier (almost always self-referential)
- any modifier stuck in front of unique (most, very, extremely and so on)
- Oops! (if the preceding act is not an accident)
- Oh my!
- Acne (Doesn't "blemish" sound so much nicer?)
- Cack [or perhaps, Gak ? ] (Blech! Doesn't that word make you want to retch?)
- Taco Neck Syndrome
- I nominate "WHATEVER" as a glib answer to absolutely every situation.
[It's an unconscious synonym for "I'm wrong" - Ed.]
- And here's the nominees from Weave:
- action items
- and the phrase I hate the most... "At the end of the day..."
- "I'm not being funny but..." - this pisses me off
I told you mine. You tell me yours.
Also let me know if it's okay to post your nominations and/or your e-mail address...
version 1.04 20jun1999